Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Photos taken in Topeka, Kansas.

The Kansas Department of Education

Topeka High School


A very didactic sign explaining how to cross the street in Kansas.


This is Lloyd, the yellow school bus driver who drove us to Topeka.

The general Store in Old Prairie Town

Some of the new vocabulary I learned: DEPOT (a train station)

I also didn`t know the word CABOOSE,  which was a train car for the driver and technicians.

This is what happened to disruptive students in the past. 
The teacher also had to be a musician.

Doctors' and Dentists' offices were usually located upstairs from a pharmacy or a  coffee shop.

The Doctor's tools at the office in Old Prairie Town.

The doctor's office.

At the Methodist Church in Old Prairie Town.  Everything in the church is original, except the location.  It was totally removed from the original site and brought to Topeka to represent a 19th century village.












1 comment:

  1. Hi Paulo!!!
    Nice blog, but it was difficult to find where I could do a comment.
    Don't forget to send me the photos, but first take a look at my blog:
    teacherrochelle.blogspot.com
    See you.
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete